Saturday 29 September 2012

The Wonderful City of Bath, Somerset.

So today I went to Bath to visit my dear old school friend Becca, she took me around all the fabric and haberdashery shops in the city centre, and I fell in love, this is definitely somewhere I could see myself living! :-)



Becca has her own blog, where she posts about all the crafty things she's been up to, she knits all sorts of wonderful goodies, you should go and check her out here!

Recently I've been wanting to make a quilt and I've been keeping my eye out for moda charm packs, they're quite expensive (well maybe I'm just a cheapskate). Becca took me to a quilters shop called Country Threads where I found some moda charm packs for just £9 each, so I got a couple! :-)






I love little shops full or ribbons and other cute chic little treasures and Becca knew just the place, as soon as I walked over the threshold I proclaimed "I could live here!"
The tiny little shop called The Makery is a wonderful treasure trove full of little buttons, ribbon, bias binding, ric rac braid, and trinkets. Although it was lovely it was a little bit pricey so I kept my spending to a minimum.
The little metal charms were 5 for £1 and the middle lot of 'made with <3' ribbon was 75p p/m, and the little star buttons were 20p each.
You can buy from The Makery online here.

We also went to an inside market stall called 'Sew and Sew' where I purchased the cupcake ribbon at 60p p/m and the other made with ribbon at 90p p/m.


I didn't really spend alot due to some stuff at work I have to buy on Monday but I can't wait to get making little gifts for Christmas.

It's suddenly feeling very wintery outside, time to snuggle up with a cup of tea I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment